Raspberry mousse tart (plant-based, gluten free)
A sweet treat couldn't be any easier than this. Not overly sweet and full of antioxidants and omega 3's, this dessert made everyone happy (including the grand parents).
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
12 medjool dates, pitted
Pinch of salt
2 cups cashews, soaked overnight*
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fresh raspberries and cacao nibs to garnish
1. Line a round 20cm diameter spring form cake tin with baking paper.
2. Blend almonds and walnuts in a food processor until they form a rough crumb. Add medjool dates, one at a time, and process until sticky. Press into base of the spring form tin, letting a little come up the sides.
1. To make the raspberry mousse, blend cashews, raspberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla in a high speed blender until creamy.
2. Pour into base and smooth over with a spatula. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and place in freezer for a few hours to firm up.
3. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
4. Place in refrigerator for one hour to slightly thaw before serving.
*If you forget to soak the cashews just boil them for 10 minutes and leave to cool. This also helps to remove pathogens that will spoil your tart so it will keep longer!